Dates for Your Diary
Tuesday 11th J1 Swimming
J1 End of Year Concert 9.10am
*JS Dance Display 1.30pm in HWC (J1-J6 classes to perform)
Wed. 12th KGUpr End of Year Concert (9.10am)
PS End of Year Shows –(PSLr 10.15am and PSUpr 11am)
Summer reports go home
Thursday 13th J6 Farewell Assembly 1.15pm in HWC
Friday 14th Terms ends for KgLr to J6 at 12.30pm. No After Care.
Friday 21st Preschool term ends at 12pm.
From the Office
J1 Parents: The girls will perform their dances from their Dance class on Tuesday morning during their End of Year Show at 9.10am. You are still very welcome to come and see them again at the Dance Display on Tuesday afternoon at 1.30pm.
Prep/After Care invoices (KGLr to J6): These will go home on Tuesday, June 12th. Please pay by Friday, June 14th. Preschool invoices will sent home on Tuesday, June 18th.
Fees/ Lunch/Prep/After Care: Please make sure that all outstanding money is paid up before June 12th. Report cards will not be issued to students who have arrears in school fees, lunch cards, Prep or After Care.
Please note: Extra-curricular activities ended this week. Prep and After Care will continue as normal until Thursday, June 13th. There will be NO After Care on Friday, June 14th.
Preschool After Care will continue until Thursday, June 20th.
Optional Extra Classes 2018/2019: A link was sent to you by email last Wednesday, May 29th, to let you sign up your daughter(s) to optional extra classes. Music classes were available for you to sign up to as well. If a class is full, you will go on to a waiting list. There is often movement between the classes, so Ms. Higgins will let you know if a place becomes available.
JS Booklists for 2019/2020 are now on the school website. (Under Parent Information)
There will be a 10% off all items in Uniformity during the week of June 17th -21st.
A rep from Cripps Footwear was in the school last week to give parents the opportunity to get their daughters’ feet measured and to order school shoes and runners for September. If you were unable to make it on the day, Olga from Cripps will take the Alex orders in her shop for one more week until Friday, June 14th.
For the second edition of French Day in the Junior school, the students from KG lower to J6 performed songs, role plays, story-telling and they had fun writing on the wall their favourite French words. It all ended with croissants and pains au chocolat for a true French “goûter” during break time. The girls have been fantastic performers, well done! We’re looking forward to repeating the experience next year. Please see the list of items that the girls performed at our special assembly today.
Ms. Pontacq and Ms. Biondi
JOURNÉE FRANÇAISE JEUDI 6 JUIN: PROGRAMME
For this second edition of the Journée Française, the students had fun expressing themselves in French through music and role plays. Through their activities in class and the new French book Zig Zag, the students have been discovering the lives of francophone people and learning new expressions. A ‘writing on the walls’ area for the past week in the school hall gives them the chance to express themselves in French and post their favourite words for all to see. From J4 to J6 ,the students performed contemporary pop songs from well-known French groups and writers.
- KGLR : the song “Les couleurs de mon Arc-en-ciel”
- KGUP: the song: “Bonjour, bonjour, comment ça va ?” by Alain Le Lait
- J1 : the weather forecast live ! and the weather nursery rhyme « Il pleut, il mouille »
- J2W: the Zig Zag 1 song « Nous avons tous ….. » about the different parts of the face
- J2R: the Zig Zag 1 song «Youpi, c’est parti !» about the different parts of the body
- J3R: presentation of Mrs Bouba, Felix the boy and Lila the girl, Pic-Pic the hedgehog and Pirouette the Owl and Tilou the Wolf
- J3W: role play in a typical French market with groups of four students buying and selling
- J4R: based on a poem by Paul Elouard « Dans Paris, il y a …. », each girl wrote, illustrated and narrates a story
KARAOKÉ “Les lacs du Connemara” by Michel Sardou and interpreted by United kids
- J4W: the song “On écrit sur les murs” by Denis Roussos and interpreted by United kids
- J5W +J5R: the song “Les restos du coeurs” by Les Enfoirés Kids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diWNp9Fb5TU
- J6W + J6R: the song “Le Boogie Woogie”
A HUGE thank you to Ms. Biondi and Ms. Pontacq for all the work that they put in to planning this very special day for the JS girls!